Publications and Speaking Engagements
- "The Value of a Secured Creditor's Collateral is Established by Third-Party Winning Bid, Not Credit Bid", American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Vol. XL, No. 3, March 2021
- "SBRA: So Many Choices, So Little Time - Electing to Proceed under Subchapter V" - assisted in drafting PowerPoint for presentation by panel at Insolvency 2020 Virtual Summit hosted by American Bankruptcy Institute
- "Economic Buoys for Businesses Affected by COVID-19", April 3, 2020. Published on Stichter, Riedel, Blain & Postler, P.A. website at https://www.srbp.com/images/Economic-Buoys-for-COVID-19-Pandemic.pdf
- Speaker, New Orleans Bar Association Program in New Orleans, Louisiana (July 2018) – “Strategies and Best Practices for §363 Sale: Everything You Need to Know About APA and Bidding Procedures”
- Guest Lecturer, Advanced Bankruptcy Course, University of Florida College of Law (2018)
- Speaker, Orange County Bar Association Conference (April 2016)
- Guest Lecturer, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Seminar, Stetson University College of Law (Fall Semester 2014)
- Speaker, American Bar Association Business Law Section Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C. (April 2013) - “The Anatomy of a Workout”
- Speaker, Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association Annual Bankruptcy Seminar (September 2012)
- Speaker, American Bankruptcy Institute’s 17th Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop (July 2012) – “Bankruptcy Litigation: A Practical Skills Guide”
- Speaker, Bankruptcy/UCC Session, Florida Bar’s Annual Meeting (June 2012) - “Anatomy of a Workout”
- Attendee, 2011 Eleventh Circuit Judicial Conference held April 28 – 30, 2011.
- Guest Lecturer, Advanced Bankruptcy Course, University of Florida College of Law (2011)
- Speaker, Hillsborough County Bar Association (2011) – “Understanding Bankruptcy Issues in Family Law Cases”
- Speaker, Hillsborough County Bar Association (2010) - "HCBA Loan Modification and Workout Town Hall Meeting"
In addition to being lead counsel in numerous out-of-court workouts for loans involving hundreds of millions of dollars, Elena Paras Ketchum has headed up or had significant involvement in the firm's representation of numerous matters, including:
- RGR Watkins, LLC
- Cypress Health Systems, Inc., d/b/a Tri County Hospital-Williston
- Teltronics, Inc.
- American Environmental Container Corp., Aqua Environmental Container Corp., Arizona Environmental Container Corp., JOKI Leasing, LLC, KITO Leasing, LLC, STKI Leasing, LLC, and TOKI Leasing, L.C.
- Royal Floors Inc.
- Valco Enterprises, Ltd., Shutter Enterprises Group, Inc., Roll-a-Way, Inc. and Valco Group, Inc.
- Nature's Harvest Market & Deli, Inc.
- Taylor Brothers, LLC
- Performance Line Hardware, LLC
- Target Graphics, Inc.
- Apollo Construction & Engineering Services, Inc.
- Dunkin Diamonds, Inc. (closing of exit financing transaction)
- Sun Coast Hospital, Inc.
- Linc.net, Inc.
- Accentia Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Lee Wetherington Development, LLC (ABC)
- Immersion Digital (ABC)
Numerous other ABC cases, including GKK Hisland, Ltd., MSM Orange Avenue, Ltd, OFP Titusville, Ltd, PDG Titusville, LLC, South Orange, Ltd, WIN Estero, Ltd, WIN Ocoee, Ltd, and WIN Suncoast, Ltd., Wilmington Retail, Ltd., ENG Gadgets, Inc., Transition Sportswear, LLC, and representing Assignee in Security Compliance Associates, LLC, MUDD Construction, Inc. and HFS-USA, Inc. and eight related entities.